Berkshire Hills H.O.G. Membership Policy
1. Membership in Berkshire Hills HOG runs for one year starting on January 1st and ends on December 31st. regardless of when purchased during the year. An exception to this rule is membership purchased in October, November, or December which will also include the following year.
2. Berkshire Hills HOG dues will be $25 for new or renewal memberships. No extra charge to be a Member of the Ladies of Harley, but a Ladies of Harley Member must be a Club Member.
3. You must be a member of National H.O.G. to be a Berkshire Hills HOG member. Membership will be cancelled if a member's National HOG membership expires during the year and no attempt is made to renew it.
5. Membership renewal for the coming year will start in October of the previous year. If you do not renew your membership by the March meeting you will be dropped from the club until you renew.
6. Ronnie's Harley Davidson, at the time of this printing, is giving discounts to Club members on parts and merchandise. Please check at Ronnie's for details. Membership has its privileges.
Berkshire Hills HOG Policy On Events
Chapter activities are conducted primarily for the benefit of H.O.G. chapter members. There are three categories of activities; all activities are identified as follows:
1. Closed events are those events which are open to chapter members and one guest per member.
2. Member Events are events that are open only to H.O.G. members only.
3. Open events are chapter events which are open to chapter members, national H.O.G. members and other guests as desired.
If you are a member planning to attend an event and are bringing a guest to a Closed or Open event, please be sure to have a Release Form filled out for any Non-HOG guest that will be going on the ride. You may download the form on the forms page in this website. Bring the form to the ride and give it to the Road Captain of the ride.
No Form Means No Ride.
You may not bring a guest to a Members Only Event.
Chapter Policy and Guidelines on Alcohol
Safe and responsible motorcycling activity is a major H.O.G. goal. In this regard:
1. The consumption and use of alcohol is a serious personal responsibility involving the safety and welfare of family, riding friends and the individual H.O.G. member.
2. Alcohol consumption before or during motorcycling activity is not safe responsible behavior.
3. Any incident occurring during a motorcycling activity as a result of the participant consuming alcohol results in no insurance coverage.
4. National H.O.G. has no direct operational control over Chapter operations. Consumption of alcohol after a riding activity or at non-riding events is a matter to be decided by the sponsoring Dealership and H.O.G. Chapter leadership. All such decisions are subject to final review and approval by the sponsoring Dealership.
5. If the sponsoring Dealer and Chapter decide that alcohol may be consumed at a Chapter activity, then the recommended approach is either to “Bring Your Own” or to “Buy Your Own” from a vendor licensed and insured to sell Alcohol.
Notice: Liquor liability coverage is not provided by the Chapter General Liability insurance Policy.
Notice: In our Chapter Policy is - If anyone in a group ride has a drink with alcohol, The Ride Is Over and Everyone Finds Their Own Way Home. On overnight rides, alcohol may be consumed only after parking the bikes for the night. Then reasonable consumption is suggested and preferred.